CALL FOR ENTRIES
Entry Dates: Friday, Feb 22 or Saturday, Feb 23, 2019(by-hand)
Exhibition Dates: February 28 – March 21, 2019
Juror: Nancy Rehkopf
Entry Fee: $30 OHCA members, $40 non-members, for up to three pieces. Become a new OHCA member at the time of delivery and get your entry fee waived! Call or Click here for more details on membership.
We invite artists to submit works that feature some aspect of DUALITY as a primary theme or focus. Dualities are an instance of opposition, contrast or other relationships between two concepts.
Dualities can be experienced everywhere: light–dark, stillness–movement, plus–minus, hot–cold, rough–smooth. They can also be seen in mirrored reflections, or pairings of mates, couples or twins.
Will you focus on the contrast between the two aspects, or reveal some unifying connection between the duo?
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
MEDIA:All Media, including 3D/Sculptural works
- Open to all artists age 16 and over.
- Submission limit: 3 works per artist.
- Please do not submit works previously displayed in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
- All work must be ready for display. Paint, glue, etc. must be dry!
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all work with Artist’s name, Telephone, Medium, Size & Price, if for sale.
- Bring resume and/or artist statement, if desired. (2 pages max.)
ENTRY PROCESS & DATES:
On Entry Dates shown below… please hand-deliver up to three pieces of work to:
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts • 616 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley CA 94941
|Entry Dates (in-person):||Friday
|11 am – 4 pm
11 am – 1 pm
|Artist Notification (by email)||Tuesday||Feb 26||(by 5 pm)|
|Art pickup: Non-selected works||Thursday
|1 – 3 pm
11 am – 4 pm
5:30 – 7:30 pm
|Exhibition OPENS||Thursday||Feb 28|
| Artist Roundtable Discussion
Opening (First Tues) Reception
|Tuesday||Mar 5||4 – 5:30 pm|
|5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|Exhibition CLOSES||Thursday||Mar 21|
|Art Pickup: Unsold works||Friday
|11 am – 4 pm
11 am – 1 pm
Please note Entry Dates/Times carefully. Late delivery of artwork is not possible.
Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
- For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing.Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
About the Juror: Nancy Rehkopf
Nancy Rehkopf is Executive Director of the Marin Museum of Contemporary Art, where she presents seven contemporary art exhibitions annually and works with over 160 artist members. Nancy has served on the board of directors of Youth in Arts, Marin Open Studios and Marin Symphony, where she is currently Vice President. She taught business at Dominican University after retiring from a career in corporate marketing.
Postcard Art: Ann O’Hanlon | Design: Jeremy Thornton
Questions? Contact O’Hanlon Staff at 415.388.4331 or email@example.com
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts provides an environment and spaces
where creativity and community can develop, expand and flourish.