Annual Members’ Show 2019
“Salon des Refusés”
(Call for Entries)
O’Hanlon & Loft Galleries – January 2019
Exhibition Dates: Jan 3 – 24, 2019
Entry Dates (in-person): Dec 29 & 30, 2018 (see below)
Entry Fee: $30 Current OHCA members only, for up to two pieces.
PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION NOTES BELOW CAREFULLY… Many details will be different this year!
Open to all current members of O’Hanlon Center for the Arts.
Our Members’ Show this year will have a bit of a twist… we’re calling it a“Salon des Refusés”…which essentially means pieces that have been ‘refused’ from other exhibits! This is an opportunity to show your favorite piece which just didn’t catch the eye of some particular juror but you feel should be seen. (And if you have something that you’ve created for this show, which has not been previously submitted… that’s OK, too.)
(More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salon_des_Refusés)
This show will be curated and installed by Members of the O’Hanlon Exhibition Committee. While this is not a ‘juried show’… the team does want to create the strongest show possible. You can submit One or Two pieces of artwork. If you feel strongly about a piece that you want to make sure is shown… you should submit just one piece.
We’ll also be using our newly re-opened “Loft Gallery” to showcase works for this show (The upper level of the building with studios). While attempts will be made to install one piece from each member in the main O’Hanlon Gallery, this may not be possible, depending on the number of members who enter. Some members may have both submitted pieces shown if it makes sense to the overall flow of the show. The show will likely be installed ‘salon style’ to ensure that everyone’s work can be displayed!
Please enter your best small-to-midsized pieces. (Note size limitations below!)
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
MEDIA: Any Media.
- Small or mid-sized artworks. No diptychs/triptychs for this exhibit, please.
- Wall-hung pieces: Maximum Width: 24”; Maximum Height: 30”
- Sculpture/Pedestal display: Maximum base size 20” x 20”
- Open to all OHCA Members, age 16 and over. Membership must be current.
- Submission limit: 2 works per artist.
- Please do not submit works previously displayed in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
- All work must be ready for display.
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all work with Artist’s name, Telephone, Medium, Size& Price, if for sale.
- Bring resume and/or artist statement, if desired. (2 pages max.)
ENTRY PROCESS– Check Dates/Times Carefully, please – they are different for this show!!
On Entry Dates shown below… please hand-deliver (no slides or photos) up to two pieces of work to:
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts • 616 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley CA 94941
|Entry Dates (in-person):||Saturday
|11 am – 3 pm
11 am – 1 pm
|Artist Notification (by email)||Thurs||Jan 3|
|Art pickup: Non-installed works||Friday
|11 am – 4 pm
5:30 – 7:30 pm
|Exhibition OPENS||Thursday||Jan 3|
| Artist Roundtable Discussion
Opening (First Tues) Reception
|Tuesday||Jan 8||4:00 pm|
|Exhibition CLOSES||Thursday||Jan 24|
| Art Pickup: Unsold works
|11 am – 4 pm
11 am – 1 pm
Please note Entry Dates/Times carefully. Late delivery of artwork is not allowed.
Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
- For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing. Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
For more info: Contact Center Director: Kellan Christopher at 415.388.4331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Postcard Design: Jeremy Thornton
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts provides an environment and spaces
where creativity and community can develop, expand and flourish.