CALL FOR ENTRIES
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts Gallery, July 2019
Entry Dates: Friday June 21 or Saturday June 22, 2019 (by-hand)
Exhibition Dates: June 27 – July 25, 2019
Juror: Robert Green
Entry Fee: $30 OHCA members, $40 non-members, for up to three pieces. Become a new OHCA member at the time of delivery and get your entry fee waived! Call or Click here for more details on membership.
Download a Printable PDF of this Notice
Submitted artwork should explore bold use of color and/or bold strokes. Bring us your vibrant, splashy, joyous, rich-hued pieces.
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
MEDIA:All Media, including 3D/Sculptural works
- Open to all artists age 16 and over.
- Submission limit: 3 works per artist.
- Please do not submit works previously displayed in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
- All work must be ready for display. Paint, glue, etc. must be dry!
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all work with Artist’s name, Telephone, Medium, Size & Price, if for sale.
- Bring resume and/or artist statement, if desired. (2 pages max.)
ENTRY PROCESS & DATES:
On Entry Dates shown below… please hand-deliver up to three pieces of work to:
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts • 616 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley CA 94941
|Entry Dates (in-person):||FridaySaturday||June 21
|11 am – 4 pm
11 am – 1 pm
Artist Notification (by email)
||(by 5 pm)
|Art pickup: Non-selected works||ThursdayFriday
|1 – 3 pm
11 am – 4 pm
5:30 – 7:30 pm
|Exhibition OPENS||Thursday||June 27|
|Artist Roundtable Discussion Opening Reception (First Tue)||Tuesday||July 2||4 – 5:30 pm|
|5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|Exhibition CLOSES||Thursday||July 25|
|Art Pickup: Unsold works||Friday
|11 am – 4 pm
11 am – 1 pm
Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
- For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing.Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
About the Juror: Robert Green
Robert Green Fine Arts, established in 1969, exhibits primarily painterly, abstract expressive work by painters that thoroughly take advantage of the sensually evocative nature of color and form. The artists we represent are part of the rich history of the first truly “home grown” American art style – Abstract Expressionism. www.rgfinearts.com
Postcard Art: Michael Tarnoff | Design: Jeremy Thornton
Questions? Contact O’Hanlon Staff at 415.388.4331 or email@example.com
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts provides an environment and spaces
where creativity and community can develop, expand and flourish.