O’Hanlon Gallery – In Person
Annual Members’ Show 2024
SEE SIZE LIMITATIONS BELOW*
December 22, 2023 – January 25, 2024
We are holding a single In-Person Members’ show this year – in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
Hand-deliver ONE work to:
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts
616 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley CA 94941
DROP-OFF ENTRY DATES
Thurs Dec 14, Fri Dec 15 and Sat Dec 16:
10am – 2pm each day
Entry Fee: FREE for Artist level and higher or
$30 for Supporter level. If you don’t know your membership level, contact the office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open only to current OHCA Members, age 16 and over
Submission limit: 1 work per artist
- Please enter your best small-to-mid sized piece.
- Please do not submit works previously displayed
in O’Hanlon Gallery shows.
- The one piece submitted will be included.
- No diptychs/triptychs for this exhibit, please.
- Wall-hung pieces:
Maximum width = 30″
Maximum height = 48″
- Sculpture/Pedestal display:
Maximum basesize 20″ x 20″
- The In-Person Members’ Show will be shown only in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
- The exhibit will be curated and installed by members of the O’Hanlon Exhibition Committee
- The show will be installed ‘studio style’ to ensure that everyone’s work can be displayed!
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
Media: Any Media
In-Person Gallery Exhibits
By submitting artwork to be considered for any Exhibition, Artist understands and agrees to the following:
- Participants: Open to all artists age 16 and over.
- Artwork Eligibility: Works previously shown in the O'Hanlon or Loft Galleries (in-person shows) are not eligible for other in-person shows. The same pieces may be considered for an Online show.
- Artwork Size: Maximum 48" width for wall hung pieces, including any frame. No height limits for most exhibits. (Note: Size limits may vary for specific exhibits – check the individual Call for Entries for details.)
- Exhibit Curation: For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing. Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Exhibit Timeline: Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Liability/Insurance: While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- Artwork Sales: Buyers will pay Artist directly for any art sales. Artist agrees to contact OHCA of this sale and make a donation to OHCA of 30% of the sale price, on all sales of artwork within the first 60 days of the exhibition. This includes all artwork exhibited in an OHCA Gallery, in an online OHCA website gallery, and facilitated by OHCA. Donations to OHCA are tax-deductible to the extent permissible by law.
- Artwork Pricing: Artwork does not need to be for sale. You may mark a piece as NFS (Not For Sale) or POR (Price on Request.)
- Publicity: By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
- Newsletter: Artists agree to be added to the O'Hanlon Center Newsletter mailing list, and may unsubscribe at any time.