Online O’Hanlon Gallery Show
Painting With Pixels
Co-Juried by Dylan Cole and Randy Gaul
O’Hanlon Center Online Gallery
November 8 to December 31, 2022
Zoom Roundtable discussion 4pm Nov 8, 2022
THIS IS AN ONLINE SHOW ONLY!
Artists must set up a FREE account on CaFE to upload images to the call page.
NOTIFICATION DATE: Artists will be notified or selections by November 3.
ENTRY: Each artist may submit up to 3 individual pieces of artwork for consideration into this juried show. Only Digitally created images accepted. Diptychs and Triptychs are considered one piece of work. Diptychs and Triptychs must be submitted as one image. This is not a call for digital photography. All software used should be included in your artist statement
- Submissions fees to O’Hanlon Center for the Arts: $40 for NON-Members
- $30 for O’Hanlon Members – Coupon Codes OH30 at check out.
- Or join as a NEW member now at the Artist level for $140/1 year and get a free submission. Email the office for a coupon code after you join: email@example.com. NOTE emails not monitored on weekends.
- If you require financial assistance, please let the office know. We have a limited number of partial scholarships: firstname.lastname@example.org
- File Type: JPEG or JPG only
- File Dimensions: 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side
- File Size: Under 5 MB
- Works previously shown at the O’Hanlon Gallery in-house or online are not eligible for consideration.
- For accepted works: We create a digital catalog of the show and take the description of your work from your submission. Please be sure to include a description of each work and double check prices and titles.
- Work does NOT need to be for sale
Digital artists are invited to submit between 1 and 3 works for consideration to this online exhibition. These works should be deeply personal and expressive. The art needs to be exclusively created in a digital process.
Note to professional film matte painters: The talent artists bring to the industry is a necessary component of its success. All too often, artists’ personal work is lost to the demands of the industry. We are not looking for art derived from other professional endeavors done as service work for film, advertising or game studios. What we are looking for is original art done outside of your “day” job. This show provides a platform for artists to put their art first in a way that will provide the much-needed dignity and respect they deserve.
This is an exclusively digital art show. All software used should be included in your artist statement. Please note, this is not a call for digital photography.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged.
Buyers will pay Artist directly for any art sales.
There will be a zoomed Roundtable art discussion to celebrate the show on Tuesday November 8 at 4 pm Pacific time open to all. Zoom link will be emailed to selected artist and available on OHCA Website.
The deadline for Submissions is Friday Oct 28, 2022, 11pm Pacific time.
About Dylan Cole
Dylan Cole is a production designer working in the entertainment industry. Since graduating from UCLA in 2001, he has contributed art to over 60 films. Notable credits include Senior Matte Painter on Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Concept Art Director on Avatar, and Production Designer for Maleficent.
Currently, Dylan is co-production designer on the four Avatar sequels.
The Southern California native grew up drawing spaceships and alien worlds and this passion led to the creation of his first book, The Otherworldly Adventures of Tyler Washburn. Dylan enjoys teaching workshops at various events and schools around the world and has a line of instructional DVDs from the Gnomon Workshop.
About Randy Gaul
Randy Gaul is an artist working in the entertainment industry. Since graduating from Pratt Institute, he has contributed art to over 100 films. Notable positions include Creative Director at Luminous Blue Ltd, an original IP studio. He has been a concept artist, visual development artist and matte painter on War of the Worlds, Signs, Gangs of New York, Despicable Me, Rio, Alice in Wonderland, Space Jam 2, Trolls and many others.Currently, Randy is pitching original content at several major studios.
The Pittsburgh born artist grew up drawing characters and imaginative worlds which led to an ongoing career in film, games, books, VR and more. Randy enjoys mentoring young artists about how to navigate the challenges of providing services to studios while maintaining your own inner creative passions.
Postcard Art: Randy Gaul
Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
- Open to all aged 16 and over
- For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing. Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
- Work previously shown in a juried Gallery show at OHCA is not eligible.
Your Support is Important
OHCA is a 501(c)3 non-profit educational institution.
Tax ID: 94-1711-729