Online Gallery Show
14th Annual Women Artists Making Their Mark
Juried by Donna Seager & Suzanne Gray
of Seager Gray Gallery
O’Hanlon Center Online Gallery
August 15 – October 15
TUESDAY AUGUST 16:
Roundtable at 4 p.m.
THIS IS AN ONLINE SHOW ONLY!
Artists will be notified of results via email by 5pm Friday August 12.
Entry: Each artist may submit up to 3 individual pieces of artwork for consideration into this juried show. All media welcome except video. YES photography, fiber, sculpture, digital etc. Diptychs and Triptychs are considered one piece of work. Diptychs and Triptychs must be submitted as one image.
- Submissions fees to O’Hanlon Center for the Arts: $40 for NON-Members
- $30 for O’Hanlon Members – Coupon Codes OH30 at check out.
- Or join as a NEW member now at the Artist level for $140/1 year and get a free submission. Email the office for a coupon code after you join: email@example.com. NOTE emails not monitored on weekends.
- Work does NOT need to be for sale.
Continuing our annual show devoted to women artists, O’Hanlon Center for the Arts is committed to bringing more gender equity to the world of art. This 14th year we extend our reach around the globe to artists who identify as female and encouraged them to submit to this popular ONLINE show.
Works do NOT need to be for Sale.
Works must be created by an artist who identifies as female but the work DOES NOT need to reference or allude to images of women or women’s issues.
It is certainly OK if they do!
Our curation and presentation of the selected work is exceptional. We promote the artists through social media, print media and through our email outreach. We create a quality printable catalog of the show and the the online shows are archived but accessible after close of show. Go here to see examples of other online shows: https://www.ohanloncenter.org/exhibits/past-exhibits/
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
Buyers will pay Artist directly for any art sales.
There will be a zoomed Roundtable art discussion to celebrate the show on Tuesday Aug 16 at 4 pm Pacific time open to all. Zoom link will be emailed to selected artist and available on OHCA Website.
The deadline for Submissions is Wednesday August 3, 2022, 11 pm Pacific Time.
ABOUT THE JURORS
Donna Seager & Suzanne Gray, owners and curators of one of the most prestigious galleries on the west coast, Seager Gray Gallery http://www.seagergray.com/
A native of New Orleans, Donna Seager began in the art business in 1978. She was the director of Marlborough Gallery in Boston before moving to California in 1989. She continued to work in galleries in the bay area until 2005 when she opened her own gallery. Seager has distinguished herself for her discerning eye and commitment to the arts in her community. She has given lectures on the art of the book at international fairs in Miami and San Francisco. In six years, the gallery became a destination for artists and collectors all over the bay area.
Suzanne Gray, a resident of Mill Valley grew up in upstate New York and studied journalism and art history at Syracuse University and San Jose State. Her lifelong interest and background in art and art history landed her a position at Donna Seager Gallery where she became an integral part of the business and ultimately a valued partner. Gray’s skills extend themselves to professional art consultant services and she has overseen both commercial and residential art programs. Her knowledge of the art market, sophisticated eye and understanding of art placement have gained her the trust and respect of her clients.
Postcard Art: Sandra Rubin
Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
- Open to all aged 16 and over
- For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing. Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
- Work previously shown in a juried Gallery show at OHCA is not eligible
Publicity: By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA in various forms including but not limited to print, online and social media, for the sole purpose of publicizing this show. Artists agree to be added to O’Hanlon Center newsletter mailing list and can unsubscribe at any time.