Online Gallery Show
Juried by Jen Tough
O’Hanlon Center Online Gallery
July 12 – September 14
TUESDAY JULY 12:
Roundtable at 4 p.m.
THIS IS AN ONLINE SHOW ONLY!
Artists will be notified of results via email by 5pm Friday July 8,2022 .
Entry: Each artist may submit up to 3 individual pieces of artwork for consideration into this juried show. All media welcome except video. YES photography, fiber, sculpture, digital etc. Diptychs and Triptychs are considered one piece of work. Diptychs and Triptychs must be submitted as one image.
- Submissions fees to O’Hanlon Center for the Arts: $40 for NON-Members
- $30 for O’Hanlon Members – Coupon Codes OH30 at check out.
- Or join as a NEW member now at the Artist level for $140/1 year and get a free submission. Email the office for a coupon code after you join: email@example.com. NOTE emails not monitored on weekends so join before May 20.
- Work does NOT need to be for sale.
We will be seeing RED in the Online O’H Gallery this summer, from light pink to dark maroon or vibrant vermilion.
How do you approach the color RED in your work? What does the RED connote for you? Passion, Anger, Courage, Fire, Fever, Embarrassment, Joy? Any way you use it, we’d like to see it!
This is NOT a monochromatic show – We are looking for work that features the color RED.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
Buyers will pay Artist directly for any art sales.
There will be a zoomed Roundtable art discussion to celebrate the show on Tuesday July 12 at 4 pm Pacific time open to all. Zoom link will be emailed to selected artist and available on OHCA Website.
The deadline for Submissions is Friday July 1, 2022, 11 pm Pacific Time.
From the JUROR: JEN TOUGH
I had the unfortunate luck of moving the Jen Tough Gallery from the Bay Area to Santa Fe, NM right at the beginning of the pandemic. My grand opening was scheduled for April 4, 2020 ~ and we were not legally permitted to open our doors. Currently, the gallery remains closed. In a “Covid Pivot”,
I created The Artist Alliance Community, an online membership site focusing on both professional and creative development for visual artists. We offer juried exhibitions (artists earn 100% on sales), lots of resources, live workshops, critiques and a supportive community of artists. What I enjoyed the most about having the gallery was working with artists, so I love being part of the Artist Alliance Community, and also hosting my podcast, Tough on Art, where artists can submit questions. In my past professional life I was the Art Director for Urban Outfitters (corporate), Warner Bros Records, Hollywood Records, and numerous magazines. My client work included several years with Nike, multiple projects for Drew Carey, and numerous publication and book design projects. I’ve won a few awards along the way, including a Communication Arts award for editorial art direction, named “one to watch” for the 2000s in Metropolis Magazine, and recently named “Art Star” by Northern California Women’s Caucus for Art. In addition, I’ve juried and curated numerous national and regional exhibitions. I have a BFA with honors from Ohio State University, studied at the Art Academy of Cincinnati, and studied in West Africa with Parsons School of Design.
Postcard Art: Janet Greenwood
Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
- Open to all aged 16 and over
- For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing. Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
- Work previously shown in a juried Gallery show at OHCA is not eligible
Publicity: By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA in various forms including but not limited to print, online and social media, for the sole purpose of publicizing this show. Artists agree to be added to O’Hanlon Center newsletter mailing list and can unsubscribe at any time.