ENTER THE “A MOMENT OF REFLECTION” SHOW
Dates: Thursday, February 11 to Friday, March 19, 2021
Until Friday, January 29, 2021 at midnight
When one looks at art one can become deeply immersed into works that engender contemplation. The artist captures a deep moment of reflection or meditative state. It isn’t about a knowing or concept but a feeling of now, of just this – a moment to reflect on. It is contemplative, not confrontational. Its impact is residual. What do you create in those moments of reflection?
Examples for inspiration: Helen Frankenthaler, Mark Rothko and Arshile Gorky.
Abstract art is encouraged.
Juried by: Emebet Korn – Desta Gallery
Emebet Korn is the owner and curator of Desta Contemporary Fine Art Gallery and Art Consulting Services in Mill Valley. Korn’s focus has primarily been on contemporary art by emerging and established artists. Desta Gallery strives to connect collectors, artists, and communities in an atmosphere that inspires creativity and reflection. The gallery also has an online presence and supports clients nationwide and worldwide. Desta Gallery believes in making contemporary art accessible to a large population by presenting artwork with a range of styles, prices, and offering interest-free financing.
Born in Ethiopia, Korn moved to the Bay Area to attend college, studying fashion design and art and eventually launching her own line of high end women’s apparel. She’s also served as a design consultant over the years and ran her own nonprofit before opening an art and tea gallery, before eventually focusing just on the art itself.
This show will be exhibited in person at the O’Hanlon Center for the Arts Gallery
Open to All media.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
Please, take note of the following dates and instructions.
Our entry and jury process will be completed online.
NEW SIZE RESTRICTION – Actual pieces must be no wider than 48″ with frame.
Size includes frame.
- February 5, 6 or 8: Pieces chosen by our juror must be available for drop off at the O’Hanlon Gallery on ready to be hung.
- Sign up times will be offered for drop off and pick up through “Sign In Genius”. The link will be made available at the announcement of accepted works.
- Friday, January 29 at midnight: Deadline for online submission. You may upload up to 3 pieces of artwork for this show.
- Wednesday, February 3 by 5pm. Pieces chosen by our juror will be announced by email. Accepted artists will be given choice of drop off times via online sign-up.
- Friday, Saturday & Monday, February 5, 6 & 8 will be art drop off days. Artwork must be hang-ready. Drop off, by appointment, will be at the O’Hanlon Gallery, 616 Throckmorton Ave., Mill Valley, CA 94941
- Tuesday, February 9: We will host a Zoom Online Roundtable discussion at 4pm for artists to expand on and share with others. Friends & family are invited to attend.
- Friday, March 19: the last day to view our show.
- Saturday, Monday & Tuesday, March 20, 22 & 23: Unsold Artwork must be picked up from the O’Hanlon Gallery. Once again, artists will be given choice of pick-up times via online sign-up.
SUBMISSION INFO NEEDED
- Artists Name
- Phone Number
- Website (if Applicable)
- Title of Artwork
- Dimensions H” x W” x D” (if sculpture)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Dimensions must indicate accurate final framed size
You may upload 3 pieces of artwork for this show. The image must be 1 – 5MB
IMAGES NAMED as: FirstName_LastName_Title
*Please check the title and size of your images before uploading**
ENTRY FEE: $30 OHCA members / $40 Non-members
People may become NEW first time members of the O’Hanlon Center for the Arts, for $95/year for a free submission.Any entry fees paid by check should be written out to “O’Hanlon Center for the Arts.” Please contact Ellen Mattesi, Director of Operations at O’Hanlon Canter for the Arts, at email@example.com to become a member or with any questions.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts (OHCA) Gallery Policies and Guidelines
By submitting artwork to be considered for any Exhibition, Artist understands and agrees to the following:
Participants / Submissions:
Open to all aged 16 and over
Works previously shown at the O’Hanlon Gallery in house or online are not eligible.
Artwork Sales: Buyers will pay Artist directly for any art sales. Artist agrees to contact OHCA of this sale, and make a donation to OHCA of 30% of the sale price, on all sales of artwork within the first 60 days of the exhibition. This includes all artwork exhibited in an OHCA Gallery, in an online OHCA website gallery, and facilitated by OHCA. Donations to OHCA are tax-deductible to the extent permissible by law.
Publicity: By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA in various forms including but not limited to print, online and social media. Artists agree to be added to O’Hanlon Center newsletter mailing list and can unsubscribe at any time.
O’Hanlon Gallery Hours: “A Moment of Reflection” Exhibition
This show will be exhibited at O’Hanlon Center for the Arts Gallery,
616 Throckmorton Ave., Mill Valley, CA 94941
The O’Hanlon Gallery will be open by appointment only:
Thursdays, 1–3, Fridays 5–7 and Saturdays from 10am to noon
The show will run from Thursday, February 11 to Friday, March 19, 2021
Be aware that visiting hours may change based on county or state restrictions.
Please check the O’Hanlon Website for the most current updates.