O’Hanlon Center for the Arts, May 4, 2020
OHCA online show #2
Application dates: May 4 to May 29
Fee: $30 members, $40 non-members for up to 3 submissions.
Jury notifications on June 2
Show up on OHCA website Monday June 8
Artist Zoomed Roundtable Tuesday June 9 4:00 p.m.
During Shelter in Place you have had an opportunity to look inward more than ever. What have you’d found out about yourself? Explore your identity, your passions, hobbies, places you love, your dreams, your daily schedule. We’d like to show others who you are now with your unique self portrait.
The tradition of the self-portrait is centuries old, but it has never been so prevalent as in our social media saturated society. In this age of selfies, and Zoom gatherings, how do we dig deeper? Expand the frame of self-portraiture.
Join the cohort of classic creators such as Cindy Sherman, Chuck Close, Frida Kahlo and Vincent van Gogh and submit your self-portrait in our upcoming show – Me to Myself.
Installations, abstract, expressionistic, exploratory, sculptural, photographic art are encouraged.
Stephen Mangum is a contemporary realist painter from San Francisco. Born in 1954 in Mississippi and a graduate of the San Francisco Art Institute, he works out of studios in Sausalito and Geyserville, California. Known primarily for his large-scale portraits, his works have been juried into and won awards in numerous national and international competitions and exhibitions as well as featured in art journals and other publications. A member of the Portrait Society of America, the International Guild of Realism and the National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society, his paintings are in private and corporate collections across the U.S. Stephen currently has a studio at the ICB in Sausalito, CA.
Recent honors and exhibitions include:
- 7th place winner, Portrait Society of America’s 2019 Members Only Competition
- Finalist, 14th ARC Salon Competition
- First Place, Jerry’s Artarama 2019 Annual Self-Portrait Competition
- First Place, Gallery 25N 2018 Annual Portrait Competition
- Finalist, International Artist Magazine’s 2018 Annual People & Figures Competition
- Contemporary Realism, December 14 – 28, 2019, Gallery 1261, Denver, Colorado
- On-line International Spring 2019, National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society
- 2019 Left Coast Annual Juried Competition, April 12 – May 19, 2019, Sanchez Art Center, Pacifica, California
- Selections from the Crocker-Kingsley, March 3 – May 5, 2019, Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, California
- 79th Crocker-Kingsley Biennial, January 11 – February 23, 2019, Blue Line Arts, Roseville, California
- On-line International Fall 2018, National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society
Postcard Art: Jeremy Thornton