MEMBERS’ SHOW – CALL FOR ENTRIES*
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts, January – February 2020
(by hand, *please note they are different for this show)
Thursday, January 9, 11 am – 4 pm
Friday, January 10, 11 am – 4 pm
Saturday, January 11, 11 am – 1 pm
Thursday, January 16 – Thursday, February, 20
Curation & Installation: The OHCA Exhibition Committee
Entry Fee: $30, Current OHCA members only, age 16 or older.
You have until December 21, 2019 to become a member.
Art Submission: 2 pieces max. Restrictions apply. Please read below.
Depending on the number of entries, every effort will be made to display at least one work of each member who submits. Please enter your best.
Please submit contemporary, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries. The O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued persuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
Our members’ Show will be shown in the main O’Hanlon Gallery and the LOFT Gallery, and will likely be installed ‘studio style’ to ensure that everyone’s work can be displayed.
Media: Any media.
- Small or Mid-sized artworks. No Diptychs/triptychs for this exhibit, please.
- Wall Hung Pieces: Maximum Width 26″; Maximum Height 32″
- Sculpture/Pedestal Display: Maximum base size 20″ x 20″
- Submission Limit: 2 works per artist. If there is one piece you definitely want shown, please only submit one as space will be limited.
- Please do not submit any work that has previously been shown in the Gallery
- All Work must be ready for display
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all artwork with Artist’s Name, Telephone, Medium, Size & Price if for sale.
- Bring Resume and/or Artist Statement if desired. (2 pages max.)
- By hand
- Check Dates & Times Carefully, please – as they are different from normal for this show.
Friday, Jan 10: 11 am – 4 pm
Saturday, Jan 11: 11 am – 1 pm
Tuesday, Jan 14
Thursday, Jan 16: 11 am – 4 pm
Friday, Jan 17: 11 am – 4 pm
Saturday, Jan 18: 5 – 7 pm
Thursday, Jan 16
Tuesday, Feb 4, 4 – 5:30 pm
Opening (First Tuesday) Reception:
Tuesday, Feb 4, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
- For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing. Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
Artwork: Daniel Patrick Design: Jeremy Thornton
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts provides an environment and spaces where creativity and community can develop, expand and flourish.