Art of the Spirit:
RETURN TO LIGHT
(Call for Entries)
O’Hanlon Center Gallery, December 2018
Entry Dates (in-person): Sat Nov 24 or Mon Nov 26, 2018 (by-hand)
Exhibition Dates: Nov 30 – Dec 28, 2018
Juror: Julie Zener
Entry Fee: $30 OHCA members, $40 non-members, for up to three pieces. Become a new OHCA member at the time of delivery and get your entry fee waived! Call or visit www.ohanloncenter.org for more details.
We’re continuing our annual tradition of celebrating Art of the Spirit in December at O’Hanlon, and we invite artists to submit work for our next exhibit subtitled “RETURN TO LIGHT.” Submitted work should relate to some aspect of LIGHT. We encourage artists to express from their own personal experience of spirit & light in their lives.
Contemporary, expressionistic, abstract, exploratory, and/or experimental entries encouraged.
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts emphasizes the creative process and the continued pursuit of meaning and authenticity through observation, exploration, and experimentation.
MEDIA: All Media, including 3D/Sculptural works
- Open to all artists age 16 and over.
- Submission limit: 3 works per artist.
- Please do not submit works previously displayed in the O’Hanlon Gallery.
- All work must be ready for display. Paint, glue, etc. must be dry!
- Wall hung pieces must be securely wired.
- Label all work with Artist’s name, Telephone, Medium, Size & Price, if for sale.
- Bring resume and/or artist statement, if desired. (2 pages max.)
On Entry Dates shown below… please hand-deliver (no slides or digital submissions) up to three pieces of work to: O’Hanlon Center for the Arts • 616 Throckmorton Avenue, Mill Valley CA 94941
|Entry Dates (in-person):||Saturday
|11 am – 1 pm
11 am – 4 pm
|Artist Notification (by email)||Wednesday||Nov 28||(by 5 pm)|
|Art pickup: Non-selected works||Thursday
|1 – 3 pm
11 am – 4 pm
5:30 – 7:30 pm
|Exhibition OPENS||Thursday||Nov 29|
| Artist Roundtable Discussion
Opening (First Tues) Reception
|Tuesday||Dec 4||4 – 5:30 pm|
|5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|Exhibition CLOSES||Friday||Dec 28|
|Art Pickup: Unsold works||Saturday
|11 am – 3 pm
11 am – 1 pm
Please note Entry Dates/Times carefully. Late delivery of artwork is not allowed.
Gallery Policies/Requirements include:
- For most exhibits, not all artists will have artwork selected for showing. Final artwork selections are up to the Exhibit Juror(s) and/or Installer/curator, both of which vary from show to show.
- Accepted work must remain on view for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists agree to make a 30% tax-deductible donation to OHCA from all sales.
- While all reasonable care is taken with submitted artwork, OHCA strongly recommends that exhibiting artists carry their own insurance. OHCA and representatives will not assume any liability for any damage or loss.
- By submitting work, artists agree that photographic images and/or video of the artist and/or their artwork, in whole or in part, may be used by OHCA for publicity in various forms including print, online and social media.
About the Juror: Julie Zener – Julie Zener Gallery
Julie Zener has established herself in the art industry as a gallery owner, art dealer, art curator, and artist manager. She represents a broad range of national and international artists who varied in style from oils, photography, sculpture, and mixed media works.
In 1997, she launched her career as an art dealer living in San Francisco. She then lived and worked in Santa Barbara and Spain, and ultimately landed in Mill Valley in 2005 working as a private dealer and artist manager. She created gallery relationships, performed public relations, licensed imagery, and sold artwork directly to many prominent corporations and private individuals for their collections.
Julie participated in numerous art fairs including Affordable Art Fair/NY, Red Dot/Miami, Art Market/SF, Art Aspen, and SCOPE in Miami/Art Basel. She has curated successive art exhibitions and added to her repertoire as art curator for Red Bull, in which she researched and curated 20 artists from each major city to exhibit at highly publicized and attended national art events. Her three year involvement in the tour exposed her to curate exhibitions comprised of many urban influenced and contemporary street artists from popular cities around the nation.
In 2014, Julie opened Zener Schon Contemporary Art (ZSCA) in Mill Valley, CA with Tara Schon. The gallery sold works by prominent artists and consecutively curated the murals and large scale sculptures at Bottlerock music festival in Napa, CA.
Julie has founded Julie Zener Gallery located at 18 East Blithedale Avenue #12 in Mill Valley, CA. She is pleased to offer new and exciting artworks from globally recognized artists and provides private “in home” art consulting to her clientele. juliezener.com
For more info: Contact Center Director: Kellan Christopher at 415.388.4331 or email@example.com
Postcard Art: Kay Cousineau | Design: Jeremy Thornton
O’Hanlon Center for the Arts provides an environment and spaces
where creativity and community can develop, expand and flourish.